BasicTools was primary designed as a basic set of tools to work on meshes in the context of finite element computation. The main functionalities of the library are:
- IO routine : A set of classes to read and write meshes (and solutions fields) from/to a large variety of file formats. BasicTools does not have a proper file format mainly because existent formats provide most, if not all, of the functionalities needed.
- Mesh manipulation: Routines to filter, define, extract and manipulate meshes in many ways.
- Fields manipulation: finite element fields can be defined using different kinds of interpolation (P0/P1/P2), in the full mesh or only in restricted zones, and also at integration points. This classes have overloaded operators to make computation of quantities of interest an easy task.
- Integration: Routines for the integration of weak formulations (tangent matrices, right hand terms, integral over only a part of a mesh).
- Field transfer: Basic routine to transfer field from one mesh to another.
- Finite element solver: using all the previous tools, some basic finite element solver are available to solve generic partial differential equations on non structured meshes.
Link to BasicTools sources on Gitlab.com
Link to BasicTools documentation on readthedocs.io
Link to BasicTools conda channel
conda install -c piscodevteam basictools